As a Logistics Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air import shipments. You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customers’ shipment imports, customs brokers, and shipping carriers.
- Execute orders by confirming arrival times, coordinating with customs brokerage, inputting data, and dispatching deliveries
- Build customer relationships by responding to customer communications via email, fax, and mail
- Work with ocean, air, and ground transportation partners to handle shipments
- Receive and track purchase orders (P.O.s) from Importers/Overseas offices for pending air shipments
- Retrieve shipment details, handle all documentation for cargo release and data entry for each shipment
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from air carriers
- Notify customer /customs broker of arrival and charges due; provide accurate job costing forecast and perform billing to customer and/or other offices
- Setup and coordinate deliveries to the customer
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Additional projects as directed
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ocean & or Air freight industry experience preferred (minimum of 3 years or more)
- OPS TMS systems knowledge is a plus
- Tariff, HTS Code, Inco Terms etc…
Why join General Transportation: International Global Forwarding?
For over 30 years, General Transportation has provided industry-leading service to a wide range of our clients from start to finish. It was a foundation of our business model in the early 90’s and still rings true today. Cutting edge technology, transportation analytics, and decades of experience allow us to provide full visibility into your supply chain. Let us improve your efficiency.